Monday, August 9, 2010

Sayonara Summer














Well this is my last day before going back to work. Usually I find myself bored and wanting to get back to work by summers end. However, being able to spend every waking moment with my wonderful son has made me going back hard. I now know what it feels like when parents must leave their kids in the care of someone else as they go off to work. It sucks! However, we feel that we have found a great daycare for him. With the help of RonAnna and that makes it a little easier. So please be praying for Luka as well as for us in the coming weeks to get on a routine that can serve us all well. The good thing about Luka is he is friends with everyone and he just jumps right in and starts playing and running around and making friends asap. Just like his old man.

This is also a very big week for me since I am taking on a new job, school, student(s), location, etc... It will be tough at first, but I am just asking God for the guidance and the wisdom to put everything into perspective and to be able to tackle anything head on. Not to stress out and worry about stuff. It does NOT do anything for you and really just brings you down. So if you could also pray for my new job that would be swell.



So this past week. I was able to spend a lot of quality time with, Luka this past week before starting school. This was great and only continues to build our relationship as father and son. Shoko and I have been doing a lot house searching and have narrowed down the city and price range for what we think will be best for our family. So, now it will be a waiting game for getting the down payment together and getting out from under our apartment contract which is not finished until Dec. so we have some time. We also have found a new church it seems and we really LOVE it there. Luka, has been doing great with the 2 year old class and the people already remembered his name (that is because he is such a great kid not a problem child btw...). They have two different services that go on simultaneously one that is more traditional with hymns and such and one that is more modern and upbeat. Shoko and I have been going to the early modern service and think it is just great. The pastor is a great speaker and really engages his audience and makes the time fly and you are having fun as you learn. We will keep going here and even look to get plugged into the church more and try to meet people and maybe make it our new home. So please be praying for us as we make the new and exciting choice in picking this church to be our new home.
Editor's note-
Last week Luka had gotten really sick (103 F) so I was unable to finish this blog until now. So, I'm sorry it has taken me an extra few days to get this out. He is much better now, but we were scared for about 48 hours. Also, I missed my first day of work because I was nursing him back to health. So if it seems a little short or scattered that is because of me and just trying to get back in the saddle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment