Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Luka & Life

Well Monday was my first true experience with a sick child. We had a normal day all the way through until about 2:00 am when Luka woke up and started to throw up. It was really sad to see the little guy like that. However, in between his spells of vomit he was as happy as a clam! I am actually the same way. So I hope he will inherit that from me. I might feel like poo, but always try to be in a good mood. So Shoko, starts to clean him up and the sheets in our room and I take him to the kitchen to give him a little water and we head back up stairs to get his new clothes back on and try to get some sleep. Well while Shoko, is doing her best getting the room ready and I am holding the freshly clean Luka, he throw up again on me this time and himself. He starts crying and I go quickly to my happy place since I can't do vomit. If you have ever seen the film 'Stand By Me' you know what I mean. Once one person vomits then it is a chain reaction. That is how I am and so as I was trying to stay strong and comfort my son in his time of need without hurling myself. Well we got all cleaned up again thanks to SUPER MOM and went to bed and had a nice night. Yesterday, he threw up one more time in the morning due to the fact they rushed maybe to soon food into him. However, the rest of the day was great and by last night he ate and kept it down. So we are happy that our son is doing better and that through all of it he was a total trooper! So I hope this doesn't happen to often, but it is good to know that we survived....

Luka, also has really been coming along in his speech. He is saying multiple words both in English and Japanese and mixing in a lot of signs as well. He almost always can tell us what he wants using the combo of the three languages which is so cool. He has a TON of personality and is always laughing and wanting to play. He is a lot different than other Japanese kids as far as I can tell at his age. They all seem to be shy and to themselves and very quite where as Luka, is a big flirt and always wants to play and run around and meet random strangers. He is walking backwards now and is running a lot. He can reach up and open all the doors in the house as of this past week. He is climbing up the steps all the time which is a safety issue that we need to be watchful over. He is telling my mother-in-law's stupid dog to 'SHHHHHHHHHHHH' now with his finger on his lips that go into his nose for added laughs. He is progressing well and has been doing really so so very great.

Shoko is doing awesome. Being the super mom and wife it is a tough job, but she is more than up to the challenge. She fixes us all breakfast, lunch, & dinner. However, she has told me not to get to comfy with all of this once we move back and she starts back to work again... ;) I know she will do her best and I am always willing to help where ever I am needed in the kitchen. Also, she keeps the house and laundry clean at all times. She is so wonderful. I'm blessed that she said 'YES' to me going on nine years ago. She is getting ready and excited about here sister having her baby here in April. It is going to be a girl so that will be fun for them. Shoko and I have talked about doing a few more mini vacations before we leave so we are talking about what that might be at this point. Maybe Chinese New Year in Nagasaki or in Oita Zoo Safari. Who knows?!!

Talking about leaving I bought my ticket yesterday and I will be leaving Japan on March 25th. So look out!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment