Monday, January 11, 2010

Mother-in-law

So I love my mother-in-law she is really great. However, I find a lot of little things that bother me. The first being that she talks about how great her food is all the time. There is not a single humble word that comes out about her food. It is so funny/annoying because I have never been around someone who always talks about how great they do something. I don't know why it bother me, but it does. I just want people to at least pretend to be a little humble about what they may excel in. I don't want someone to say "Oh, I suck and I'm no good..." Not at all. Just a little humility would be nice. I have of course seen this before from others, but just not on a regular basis. Most of my close friends and family are very humble folks so when they so something well or are excellent in something they take it in stride. So it has taken me by surprise by her daily accolades to herself. She is a good cook no doubt, but at least wait till we say how great it is before you tell us....Just recently my brother-in-law was saying that it bothers him that she does this as well..... I didn't say a word....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment